Preschool Graduation Board Book
Your little preschooler would be delighted to have his/her very own board book celebrating graduation day. This brightly colored board book is accented with Inkadinkado® clear stamp sets. Embellish the pages with small photos and mementos for a wonderful keepsake.
Designed by Heather Garl for Inkadinkado®
- Inkadinkado® Chelsea Sentiments Clear Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Curly Q Alphabet Clear Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Somerset Alphabet Clear stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Baby Boy Clear Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Small & Medium Clear Stamping Blocks
- ColorBox® Petal Point Pigment Ink Set, Pinwheel: Royal Blue, Scarlet, Green
- Creative Imaginations Chipboard Book
- DCWV, The Grade School Stack (with glitter and foil)
- The Paper Company, Assorted Cypress Value Pack: Gold
- The Paper Company, Assorted Seaside Value Pack: Light Blue
- The Paper Company, Assorted Black & White Value Pack: White
- Offray Ribbon: Red Picot (3/16-inch x 6-yards)
- Making Memories® Eyelets Variety Pack: Red, Blue, Yellow Star-Shaped (1/8-inch)
- Heat Tool
- Fine Point Journaling Pen
- Eyelet Setting Tool
Glue two pattern papers to the front and back of the book; trim the corners to match the shape of the book. Layer a third pattern paper over the binding.
Glue cardstock and pattern papers on the pages as desired. To create the tabs, cut them from pattern paper and staple them to the cardstock or paper prior to attaching to the book.
Use royal blue ink to edge the book covers and pages.
Cut a star design from gold cardstock and tint the edges with royal blue ink. Add a red star brad, then glue the star to the front cover. Cut a larger star from pattern paper and add a yellow and blue star brad. Glue this star to a page in the middle of the book.
Wrap a piece of ribbon around the front cover and knot it on the front.
Stamp “congratulations” from the Chelsea Sentiments set with scarlet ink on white cardstock, trim to shape, then glue it to the front cover.
Using the Somerset alphabet, stamp “A, B, C” in scarlet ink on one page and “1, 2, 3” in royal blue ink on another page.
Using the Somerset alphabet, stamp “1” on one of the tabs with scarlet ink and handwrite “st day.” Handwrite “graduation” on the other tab.
Stamp the small star from the Baby Boy set on different pages using royal blue and scarlet ink.
Using the Curly Q alphabet, stamp “FUN” on one of the pages using green ink.
Stamp “little star” from the Baby Boy set with royal blue ink on one of the pages.
Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.
Heat set the inks to prevent smearing and fading. If you would like your board book to close tightly, be sure not to adhere the cardstock back into the binding between pages.