Queen of the Serengeti Necklace
Go wild and use Bead Gallery® leopard print beads to create this tribal-inspired necklace.
- Bead Gallery® Printed Oval Bead – Leopard Shell (3)
- Bead Gallery® Mix, Dark – Silver Foil Amber Beads – Amber (6)
- Bead Gallery® Reconstructed Dyed Amber Sticks – Coral (16)
- Bead Gallery® Wood Carved Beads – Melon (5)
- Bead Gallery® Glass Round Iris Beads, 4mm – Copper (14)
- Bead Gallery® Matte Glass Beads, 4mm – Black (20)
- Bead Gallery® Plastic Rings (or Large Jump Rings) – Copper-plated (2)
- Jump Rings, 8mm – Copper or Black (4)
- Bead Landing™ Printed Leather Cord – Black/Bronze (72", Divided)
- Beadalon® 19-strand Wire (20")
- Crimp Tubes – Copper (3)
- Craft Wire, 18 gauge – Bronze or Black (10", Divided)
- Bead Landing™ Toggle Clasp – Black
- Crimping Pliers
- Wire Cutters
- Chain Nose Pliers (2)
- Bead Stopper
Step 1 Fold the 19-strand beading wire in half and pass through one of the copper-plated plastic
rings. Crimp securely. String a wood melon bead onto both strands to hide the crimp.
Step 2 Separate the strands into a front and a back strand.
Step 3 On the back strand, string the following beads: one black matte, one stick, one black matte, one stick, one black matte, one stick, one black matte, one stick and one black matte. Use a bead stopper to hold the wire. (See picture for back detail.) (Picture above shows the back strand pattern.)
Step 4 On the front strand, string the following beads: one copper iris, one leopard print, two copper iris. Use a bead stopper to hold the wire.
Step 5 String both strands through a wood carved melon.
Step 6 Repeat Steps 3 and 4 three more times.
Step 7 Bring both wire ends through a wood carved melon. Crimp the wires securely on the remaining copper plated plastic ring.
Step 8 Cut the black and bronze printed leather cord into two 36" pieces.
Step 9 Double the leather cord. Pass the leather cord through one of the copper-plated plastic rings. You will have a total of four strands.
Step 10 Pass the leather cord through three silver foil lined amber glass large holed beads. Tie an overhand knot close to the beads to secure.
Step 11 Take two jump rings and link them together, attaching to one half of the toggle clasp.
Step 12 Pass all four strands of the leather cord through the joined jump rings, with about a 1" tail.
Step 13 Cut the craft wire into two 5" pieces.
Step 14 Using your pliers, make a small hook on the end of one wire piece. Wrap that wire around the leather cord close to the jump rings to secure. Tuck the end of the wire in securely. Trim the excess cord.
Step 15 Repeat Steps 9-14 for the other side.