Quilled Cards for Hanukkah
- Craft Smart® All Purpose Glue
- Construction Paper
- Crayola® Markers
- Fine Motor
- Fold paper to create a card. Select a theme for your card such as a menorah or the Star of David.
- Cut a different color paper into 1/4-inch wide strips. Fold over the edge at one end and roll the paper to form a tight coil. Pinch or fold coils to create different shapes, such as rectangles for candles, teardrops for flames, the letter S, circles, etc. Arrange the coils on the cover of the card and lightly glue in place. Air-dry the glue.
- Use markers to write a greeting. Add colorful, detailed decorations such as borders.
- Use the scissors to make intricate interior cuts for the finishing touches on each card.
Keep your hands dry when quilling the paper strips.
For the smaller quilled designs, curl the paper around a narrow object such as a pencil.
Adult supervision is required at all times.