Recipe Box, Clay Pot Holder and Frame
Here are three cute and clever ways to store and display your favorite recipes. These precious projects are great for gift giving, too!
- For New Home Recipe Box
- Wooden Recipe Box
- Acrylic Paint: Black, Patina
- Foam Brushes (1 per paint color)
- Jolee’s® Stickers, Our New Home
- Cricut Create® Personal Electronic Cutter
- Circuit Create™ Cartridge, Joy of the Season 4½-inch tags (or you can cut on your own)
- Pressed Petals Scrap Metal, Family
- Pressed Petals Adhesive Letters, Black
- American Crafts™ Ribbon, Aqua
- Assorted Scrapbook Papers, for recipe cards
- Mod Podge® Matte Finish
- Flower Pot Recipe Holder
- 4-inch Rose Pot
- Acrylic Paint: Red, Black, White
- Delta Crackle Medium
- Wooden Spoon
- Mini Clothespin
- Remarks Journaling Stickers
- Bazzill® Cardstock: White, Marigold, Black
- Ribbon, Black-Checked
- Terrifically Tacky Tape™
- Circuit Create™ Don Juan Cartridge
- Jumbo Pebbles Brads, Black and White
- Making Memories Flower Embellishments
- Scissors or Paper Trimmer
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Recipe Frame
- Wooden Frame
- Acrylic Paint: Burnt Umber
- Foam Brush
- K&Company™ Wild Saffron Paper and Felt Flowers
- Mod Podge®
- 1¾-inch Wooden Disk
- Photo of choice
- Brad Word, Family
- Craft Glue
New Home Recipe BoxPaint outside of box with black and inside with patina; let dry. Use stickers to personalize the front as shown.
Cut recipe cards and use black metal stickers to personalize. Glue to inside top of box.
If using the Cricut® machine to make recipe card tags, cut the tag to 4½-inches, or cut by hand. Embellish with ribbon.
Use assorted papers to make dividers and tags, adding metal clips to embellish cards.
Cut scalloped paper to decoupage around top edge of box with Mod Podge.
Flower Pot Recipe Holder
Paint pot with white, inside and out; let dry. Follow directions on Crackle Medium and apply to outside of pot, below the rim. Let dry. Paint same area with red. Let dry.
Repeat previous step to paint and crackle spoon.
Paint clothespin with black. Let dry.
Place journaling stickers onto cardstock and cut to desired size for recipe cards.
Use tape to attach ribbon around rim of pot.
Use Cricut cutter and cartridge to cut out letters to spell Home Sweet Home. Glue to pot as shown.
Glue brads to flower embellishments. Glue larger flower to rim of pot and smaller flower to clothespin. Clip clothespin to spoon.
Paint frame with burnt umber. Let dry.
Trace outline of frame onto desired paper. Cut out and dampen paper with water (blot off excess). Brush Mod Podge® onto back of paper and place on frame. Smooth out any wrinkles and coat again with Mod Podge®.
Paint clothespin; let dry and glue to top corner of frame. Glue a felt flower to the wooden disk. Glue the wooden disk to the clothespin.
Cut coordinating paper to fit frame, and add photo.
Embellish with metal brad word, Family.
Add recipe card as desired.
Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.