DecoArt® Reindeer Ornaments
Paint some cute little reindeer to spruce up your holiday tree! Kids will love making their own Rudolph too!
Designed by Julie Gayle courtesy of the DecoArt® Design Team.
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paint – Light Cinnamon, Snow (Titanium) White, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Coral Blush and Santa Red
- DecoArt® Craft Twinkles® Glitter Paint – Christmas Red
- DecoArt® Snow-Tex™
- Emery Board
- Water Container
- Wax Paper
- Paper Towel
- Ribbon, Narrow – Gold (9")
- Bow, Small – Red
- Jingle Bells, Mini (2)
- Acrylic Jewel – Red
- Permanent Marker, Extra Fine – Black
- Paintbrush – ½" Flat Brush
- Large Reindeer
- Woodsies™ Shapes – Large No-Roll Clothespins (2), XXL Ovals (2), XL Teardrop (1), Small Teardrops (3) and Small Circle (1)
- Small Reindeer
- Woodsies™ Shapes – Small No-Roll Clothespins (2), XL Ovals (2), Large Teardrop (1), Small Teardrops (3), Small Circles (3) and Small Triangle (1)
Paint the wood pieces as shown. Re-paint one pink circle with red glitter paint.
Refer to photograph then glue the wood pieces together.
Note: Both reindeer are assembled in the same manner.
Use the larger clothespins, ovals and teardrop for the large reindeer and the smaller ones for the smaller reindeer body. Refer to photos when assembling reindeer.
Glue a large oval onto two clothespins legs.
Glue the larger teardrop to one end of the oval body for the head.
Glue two small teardrops at the to back of the head for ears.
Glue a small circle at the bottom of face/head for the nose.
Use the end of the paint brush handle to make two black dots for eyes.
Let dry, then use a toothpick to add a small white dot to each eye and the nose.
Glue the small white teardrop at the opposite end of the body for the tail.
Glue the second oval on the opposite side of the clothespins. The legs will now be sandwiched between the oval body.
Glue the triangle to the top of the small reindeers head for a hat and the white circle to the point of the hat.
Paint over the tails, the circle on the hat and across the bottom edge of the hat with Snow-Tex.
Thread a small bell onto a piece of narrow ribbon, then glue around the neck area.
Glue a red bow to the large reindeer’s head and the red acrylic jewel to the small reindeer's nose.