Remodeling Inspiration Board
If you are a "visual" person, you will love this remodeling inspiration board! Take away some of the planning stress by having all your remodeling details right in front of you so you can see how it all flows together.
Designed by Craft Marketing Connections, Inc. courtesy of Elmer's.
- Elmer's® Tri-Fold Foam Board™, White, opens to 36" x 48"
- Elmer's® Craft Bond™ Extra Strength Glue Stick
- Elmer's® CraftBond™ Ultra Stix All®, Clear
- X-ACTO® #1 Craft Knife with extra blades
- (3) 12" x 12" scrapbook paper, brown or color of choice for mounting photos
- Inspiration items: Floor plan or design, samples of internet or magazine inspiration photos, paint chips, laminate chips, furniture photos, fabric and carpet samples, wood trim, granite, ceramic tiles, etc.
- Velcro® (optional)
- Ruler or Yardstick
- Cutting Mat
To plan size of board needed, arrange samples on opened Elmer's® Tri-Fold Foam Board™. If desired, reduce height as needed by using ruler or yardstick and pencil to measure and mark Tri-Fold Foam Board™ and cut using X-ACTO® #1 Craft Knife (with new blade), ruler and cutting mat. (Hint: Score lightly first and then press more firmly to cut deeper, with several passes of the knife. Replace blades often. Set aside scrap pieces.
Mount floor plan and photos on cardstock allowing approx. 1/4" border around each, securing with Elmer's® CraftBond™ Extra Strength Glue Stick. If desired for added dimension, use X-ACTO® Knife, ruler and mat to cut from scraps of Tri-Fold Foam Board™, pieces that are slightly smaller than photos. Glue to back of mounted photos.
Arrange samples again on Tri-Fold Foam Board™ and glue mounted photos and paint chips with Glue Stick. Use Elmer’s® CraftBond™ Ultra Stix All® to attach fabrics, laminate samples. granite, ceramic and wood pieces. Let dry. (Note: If any items may need to be removed to take when shopping, use Velcro® to attach.)