- Woodsies® Stars
- Mini Craft Sticks
- FolkArt® Acrylic Paint - Grass Green
- Craft Smart® Paint Brush
- Disposable Plate for Paint Palette
- Paper Towels
- Aleene's® All Purpose Wood Glue
- Creatology™ Wiggle Eyes
- FolkArt® Acrylic Paint - Lipstick Red
- FolkArt® Acrylic Paint - Sunny Yellow
- Wood Shapes - Circles
- Wood Shapes - Ovals
- Fine Motor
- Paint all of the wood shapes and craft sticks with green and let dry.
- Paint a smaller oval area on one of the Woodsies ovals with yellow, as shown. Let dry.
- Glue the wood pieces together as shown. Let dry.
- Use the tip of the paintbrush handle dipped in yellow to add dots as shown. Add cheeks and a mouth with red paint.
- Glue the wiggle eyes in place.
For a more rewarding crafting experience with your child, you may wish to complete the craft steps over more than one session, especially when drying time is required, or the child appears to be losing interest.
Pour a small amount of each paint color onto the disposable plate before using; be sure not to mix the colors. Wash the paintbrush with water and dry it with a paper towel before changing paint colors.
If possible to protect clothing, have children wear an old, oversized t-shirt when painting.