Romantic Ribbon Bracelet
- Jolee’s® Jewels 8 mm Round Bead, Violet AB, 20
- Jolee’s® Jewels 8mm Bicone Beads, Violet,17
- Jolee’s® Jewels 8mm Bicone Beads, Light Amethyst, 20
- Jolee’s® Jewels 8mm Bicone Beads, Purple Violet, 14
- Jolee’s® Jewels 6mm Bicone Beads, Violet, 11
- Jolee’s® Jewels 6mm Bicone Beads, Tanzanite AB, 14
- Jolee’s® Jewels 6mm Bicone Beads, Amethyst, 11
- Jolee’s® Jewels 4mm Bicone Beads, Purple Violet, 21
- Jolee’s® Jewels 6mm Rondelle, Clear, 24
- Memory Wire Bracelet
- Headpins, Silver, 3
- 2mm Round spacer beads,45
- 8mm wide Ribbon, Purple, 45 inches
- No Fray Glue (optional)
- Memory Wire Cutters
- Round Nose Pliers
- Chain Nose Pliers
- Flush Cutters
Begin by creating the headpin dangles and cutting lengths of ribbon. Add beads and ribbon to memory wire. Finish the bracelet by attaching dangles to loops at either end.
To construct this bracelet you need to know the Jewelry Basics: headpins and wrapped loops. Use a head pin to create bead dangles, finish with an eye pin loop, as shown or desired.
As shown: one 2mm silver, 4mm Purple Velvet, 2mm silver, 8mm Violet AB and 2mm silver beads, make 1; one 2mm silver, 6mm Tanzanite AB, and 2mm silver beads, make 1; one 2mm silver, 6mm Amethyst and 2mm silver beads, make 1.
Cut 12 pieces of purple ribbon, each 3 inches long. Tie each piece of cut ribbon into a loose knot. Once on the memory wire, the knot will be tighten into place. Use the memory wire cutters to cut 5 ¼ coils of bracelet memory wire.
Use round nose pliers to make a loop on one end of the memory wire. Thread on the beads, rondelles and ribbon in a random pattern.
NOTE: to add a ribbon knot, slide the memory wire through the knot without piercing the ribbon. Slide into place and tighten the knot by pulling on both ends at the same time.
When all the beads, rondelles and ribbons have been added on to the memory wire, use the round nose pliers to make a loop to finish the bracelet. Attach the dangles to the loops of the memory wire.
Trim each end of the ribbons to so that the length of the ribbon from the knot is approximately one half inch. Cut on the diagonal for pointed ends.
Use only memory wire cutters when cutting memory wire, the tempered steel is very strong and capable of destroying regular cutters.
When making the ribbon ties you might want to add no fray glue to prevent the ends of the ribbons from unraveling. Always test first to make sure the glue will not discolor the ribbon.