Safari Wall Art
Have your walls take a walk on the wild side with bold animal print fabrics. Mix and match your fabrics and foam sheets to create the perfect arrangement for your space. If you tire of the look, simply wrap foam sheets in new fabrics.
Designed by The Dow Chemical Company
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam (to create vignette shown): 36-inch x 12-inch x 1-inch Sheet (1), 24-inch x 12-inch x 1-inch Sheet (1); 12-inch x 12-inch x 1-inch Sheets (2), 12-inch x 1-inch Disc (1)
- Fabric of choice (½-yard will cover two 12-inch x 12-inch squares, or one 12-inch x 24-inch rectangle, or one 12-inch x 36-inch rectangle)
- Ribbon: 1-inch x 38-inch piece (to cover edges of disc)
- Straight Pins
- Yardstick or Ruler
- Serrated Knife and Old Candle or Dental Floss (to cut Styrofoam sheet into smaller pieces if desired)
- Poster Adhesive or Small Sawtooth Hangers and Nails
- Low-Temp Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
To cut a sheet of STYROFOAM brand foam into smaller sizes, use ruler and pencil to measure and mark cutting line. Wax serrated knife with candle stub and cut along scored line. Or use dental floss by standing sheet on edge and holding a 20-inch length of dental floss along the scored line, positioning one hand at the bottom of the board and the other at the top; draw the dental floss down through the foam sheet along the scored line.
Cut fabric pieces 5 to 6-inches larger than size of foam sheet. Center first foam sheet on reverse side of corresponding fabric pieces. Fold edges around sheet of STYROFOAM brand foam, wrapping like a package and smoothly mitering corners. Pin fabric edges to secure. Spot glue as necessary. Repeat until all foam pieces are covered.
To cover foam disc, trace around disc on selected fabric. Cut out fabric circle and glue to foam disc. Wrap ribbon around edge, pinning and gluing in place.
Use poster adhesive to attach art pieces to wall or glue sawtooth hangers to back of each panel. For additional hold, insert and glue two straight pins through holes in sawtooth picture hanger; let dry.
Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.
If you like to redecorate, this look is for you! To refresh your wall art, simply remove the old fabric and cover the sheets of STYROFOAM™ brand foam with your new favorite. How easy (and inexpensive!) is that?