Santa Napkin Ring
- Sculpey® III Clay - Lime
- Cardboard Paper Towel Tube
- Craft Sticks
- Blunt Scissors
- Oven (for adult use only)
- Wax Paper
- Sculpey® III Clay - Red Hot Red
- Sculpey® III Clay - White
- Sculpey® III Clay - Beige
- Sculpey® III Clay - French Blue
- Sculpey® III Clay - Hot Pink
- Fine Motor
- Cut the paper towel tube into 2-inch thick rings. Knead each clay bar until soft and smooth. Roll Lime clay into a thin sheet. Use the craft stick and ruler to cut a 2 1/8-inch x 6 3/8-inch Lime strip and wrap around the paper towel ring, being sure to blend the seam at back with fingers.
- Roll long, medium thick Red Hot Red and White ropes of equal length. Place ropes next to one another and twist together to create peppermint stripes. Roll the ropes against the work surface to create one long rope, at least 13-inches long. Cut the rope in half and wrap one piece around the top of the napkin ring and one around the bottom.
- Roll Beige clay into a thin sheet. Use the craft stick to cut a Beige oval for the face; press to napkin ring. Roll small French Blue balls for eyes and press to face; press toothpick into the center of each eye. Roll larger Hot Pink balls for cheeks and an even larger Beige ball for the nose; press to face.
- Roll White clay into a thick rope and press flat. Cut sections for hat trim and beard. Roll a small White ball for the hat pom pom; press flat. Set aside. Roll the rest of the Red Hot Red clay into a thin sheet and cut a skinny triangle shape for Santa's hat. Press to the napkin ring above the head. Press White hat trim to the head and bend the hat tip down as shown. Press the pom pom and beard to the napkin ring. Use the toothpick to make "dots" in all the White pieces.
- ADULT: Bake all pieces at 275° F (130° C) for 15 minutes per ¼-inch (6mm) of thickness. DO NOT USE MICROWAVE OVEN. DO NOT exceed the recommended temperature or baking time. Children using clay should be supervised at all times. All baking should be done by an adult. After baking, allow to cool.
Start with clean hands and work area. Good working surfaces include a glass or metal surface, disposable foil or wax paper.
Adult supervision is required at all times. The oven should be used by an adult, ONLY.