Martha Stewart Crafts™ Satin Spray Paint Kit
The Martha Stewart Crafts™ Spray Paint Kit converts all Martha Stewart Crafts™ paint, except glitter paint, into an aerosol paint. The Satin Spray medium is recommended for use with Satin Paints, although you can mix with other paint types to alter the finish.
Should I always use the spray medium when using the spray paint kit?
Yes. The spray medium ensures the paint will flow through spray can and adhere correctly to the surface. Do not use water to thin the paint as this will impair the paint’s ability to adhere properly.
On what surfaces can I spray paint?
Apply on wood, tin, ceramic, glass, terra cotta, canvas, plastic, papier-mâché, Styrofoam, and plaster. On glass and ceramics, use for decorative purposes only; do not use where surface will come into contact with food or beverages.
What are the instructions for use?
- Shake medium well.
- Pour 1 part spray medium into bottle provided with the spray kit no more than half way. Mix in 1 part Martha Stewart Crafts™ paint no higher than shoulder line. Pour off excess if above shoulder line as this will negatively affect the spraying ability.
- Cap and shake thoroughly to mix.
- Remove cap and screw sprayer onto bottle so that the red dot on spray button is aligned with the V-shaped notch on the base of the sprayer. Do not shake bottle once it is attached.
- Practice before spraying on your project.
- Holding the spray can at a 45˚ angle, begin at the top of the surface and gently spray back and forth, overlapping each stroke for even coverage. To avoid runs, start spraying while in motion and release button while still in motion. Let dry and apply two or more coats as desired.
I have a clog or my paint is sputtering, what should I do?
Eliminate any clogs or sputtering by holding your finger over the red dot and pressing the button for one second.
Can I save unused paint mixture for another project?
Yes, remove sprayer and cap remaining paint. Store indoors at room temperature. Shake well before using again.
How should I clean my tools?
Remove sprayer from bottle immediately after use. Cap and store unused paint mixture. Remove plastic tube and rinse under running water. Reattach tube and place in cup of water. Spray away from you until water runs clear.