Save the Earth Planet Bowl
- Craft Smart® Paint Brush
- Paper Towels
- Paper Plate
- Mod Podge® Matte-Mat
- FolkArt® Acrylic Paint - Cayman Blue
- 3M® Blue Painter's Tape
- Recycled Newspaper
- Crayola® Blunt Tip Scissors
- Recycled Margarine Container
- Recycled Yogurt Container
- FolkArt® Acrylic Paint - Bright Green
- Fine Motor
Inflate balloon and place inside yogurt container with the round side up. Secure with tape so balloon doesn't move.
- Cut 1-inch strips of newspaper. Pour Mod Podge® into small butter bowl. Dip newspaper strips in Mod Podge® and apply on balloon in both directions. Apply 2 - 3 layers. Store leftover glue by reattaching the butter bowl lid. Allow balloon to dry for several days.
When balloon is dry and hard, pop the balloon and discard pieces. Trim the edges of the bowl evenly with scissors.
Tape the yogurt container lid to the bottom of the bowl with lots of tape. Apply several layers of dipped newspaper in all directions until base is covered.
When bowl is dry, paint the earth with slightly watered down paint as shown.
Cut out letters from newspaper to spell out desired message. Adhere to bowl with Mod Podge®. Let dry.
Use bowl to collect and recycle yogurt lids or food labels to help support your school or charity.
Adult supervision is required at all times.