Scandinavian Snowflake Ornaments
- DecoArt Americana® Acrylics:
- DAO1 Snow (Titanium) White
- DA164 Light Buttermilk
- DA170 Santa Red
- DecoArt Americana® DuraClear Varnish DS19 Gloss
- Papier-mâché ornaments (circle, star, heart)
- Point Round Brush
- 3/0 detail round
- Flat Brush
- Water container
- Palette or small plastic container
1. Use 1” flat brush or sponge brush to coat ornaments with Light Buttermilk. Apply additional coats as necessary, drying between coats.
2. Using 1” flat brush, apply Santa Red paint to front of each ornament, leaving ¼” border of Light Buttermilk around ornament edge. Apply additional coat(s) as necessary, drying between coats.
3. Use 1 pointed round brush and Snow White to paint large snowflake in center of each ornament.
4. Use 3/0 detail round brush to paint small snowflakes on each ornament (three each on heart and round ornaments; five on star ornament).
5. After paint is completely dry, use ?” flat brush to apply two coats of DuraClear Gloss Varnish. (Allow to dry between coats.)