Glue together a few painted clay pots and you’ve got an adorable scarecrow buddy, sure to bring some smiles.
Designed by Donna Bush, DecoArt Design Team
- DecoArt® Patio Paint™: Pinecone Brown, Sunshine Yellow, Geranium Red, Cloud White, Wrought Iron Black, Hydrangea Blue, Vintage Rose, Tuscan Red
- 8-inch Terra Cotta Saucer
- 8-inch Terra Cotta Standard Pots (2)
- 6-inch Terra Cotta Standard Pots (2)
- ¼-inch x 24-inch Dowel (sharpened on ends)
- Styrofoam® Disc (1)
- Natural Raffia
- Foam Sheet: Yellow
- Paintbrushes: #10 Flat, Liner
- Sponge Brushes (to basecoat pots)
- Water Container
- Palette or Plastic Plate
- Paper Towels
- E-6000® Adhesive or WeldBond (to adhere pots together)
- Low-Temp Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Tracing and Transfer Paper
- Fabric Neckerchief
- Yellow Buttons (2)
Use scissors to cut out large yellow foam circle for hat brim.
Paint one 6-inch pot with Vintage Rose, second 6-inch pot with Sunshine Yellow, both 8-inch pots with Hydrangea Blue and saucer with Pine Cone Brown.
Trace and transfer face on 6-inch Vintage Rose pot.
Mix small amount of red into white and dab on for cheeks.
Paint nose with Geranium Red, eyes and mouth with Wrought Iron Black. Add Cloud White highlights on eyes.
Use liner and Cloud White to outline straps.
Use #10 flat and Geranium Red to make plaid shirt.
Paint patches on body.
Assembly: Adhere 8-inch pots together rim to rim for body. Position body on inverted brown saucer and secure with glue. Position Styrofoam disc at top for neck (trim to fit, if necessary). Position and adhere head on neck. Adhere raffia hair. Position round foam hat brim and adhere over hair. Position and adhere hat on head. Push dowel through neck. Cover dowel with a bundle of raffia on each side. Tie ends and secure with glue. Adhere buttons on jeans.
Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.
Let paint dry between steps.