School Colors Craft Supply Mat
- Crayola® Arts & Crafts Brushes
- Crayola® Markers
- Crayola® Blunt Tip Scissors
- Crayola® Texture It! Tempera Mixing Medium
- Crayola® Washable Kid's Paints
- Foam board
- Container of water
- Recycled corrugated cardboard
- Recycled newspaper, to protect work surface
- Fine Motor
- Cover the craft area with newspaper. Have your favorite Crayola art supplies nearby to measure. Cut foam board into a desk mat big enough to hold your favorite craft supplies.
- Brush on a very thick layer of Texture It! Tempera Mixing Medium to cover the foam board. Use a small piece of corrugated cardboard to scrape away spaces to fit your favorite art supplies. You're building a "crater" to hold each item. Scrape away as many spaces as you need. Air-dry the mat overnight.
- Keep building up the areas around your craters until the edges are high enough to keep your supplies from rolling off. If the Mixing Medium cracks, that adds to the natural look.
- Label the craters using Markers. Paint the mat any way you choose, perhaps with your school colors. Add fun details or designs, such as the paw prints of your team mascot. Air-dry.
To protect clothing, have children wear an old, oversized t-shirt when painting.
Adult supervision is required at all times. Children should not use scissors without adult supervision.