Sculpey® Card Holders
- Sculpey® III Clay - Emerald
- Recycled Newspaper (to protect work surface)
- Oven (for adult use only)
- Sculpey® III Clay - French Blue
- Sculpey® III Clay - Red Hot Red
- Sculpey® III Clay - Yellow
- Fine Motor
- Place newspaper on a table to make a work surface.
- Knead each clay bar until soft and smooth.
- Roll 3/4 of each bar into a log and press flat to make 4 bases about 1/4-inch thick each.
- Roll remaining clay pieces into skinny ropes. Twist Red Hot Red and French Blue ropes together. Twist Emerald and Yellow ropes together.
- Cut ropes to fit length of bases. Press ropes flat on top of bases in coordinating colors as shown or desired.
- Press 6 to 8 cards into bases at a slight angle so they stand up in the clay. Remove cards.
- Parents, bake all pieces at 275° F (130° C) for 15 minutes per 1/4" of thickness. Allow to cool.
Craft NotesChildren using clay should be supervised at all times. All baking should be handled by an adult.
DO NOT USE MICROWAVE OVEN. DO NOT exceed the recommended temperature or baking time.