Shells on the Beach Necklace
Shine with a necklace rich in shells that’s simple to make.
Designed by Margie Pankhurst
- Bead Landing Pendant Chocolate Metal Design from the Shoreline Collection
- Bead Landing Cording from the Shoreline Collection, 2 count pkg
- Bead Landing Silver Chain from the Shoreline Collection, 2 count pkg
- Bead Landing Chocolate Chain from the Shoreline Collection
- Bead Landing Shell Charms in Chocolate Metal from the Shoreline Collection
- Bead Landing Large Blue Bead Charms from the Shoreline Collection, 2 count pkg
- Bead Landing Natural Shell Charms from the Shoreline Collection, 2 count pkg
- Bead Landing Nautilus Shell Connectors from the Shoreline Collection
- Chocolate Metal Jump Rings, 11 count
- Silver Metal Jump Rings, 14 count
Divide the Silver Chain in half, and separate at that point.
Divide the Chocolate Chain in half and separate at that Point.
Take one of the cording lengths and ½ of the silver chain and attach to the outside ring on the bottom edge of the Nautilus Shell connectors with one jump ring.
Take the other half of the silver chain and ½ of the chocolate chain and attach it to the center bottom ring of the Nautilus shell connector with one jump ring.
Take the last cording length and combine it with the remaining chocolate chain length and attach it to the last ring on the bottom of the nautilus connector with a jump ring.
Taking each two-piece section of attached cording and chain lengths, begin braiding the lengths. You may have to remove or add a few links of the chain in order for them to all be the same ending length as the cording. Once the lengths have been braided, attach each section to it corresponding rings on the bottom of the Bead Landing, nautilus shell connector.
Attach each of the blue bead charms to the braided section, with a jump ring.
4 charms and 4 jump rings in total. Space the bead charms evenly across the necklace.
Attach each Chocolate metal shell charms with a jump ring to the braided section. Space the charms evenly across the necklace.
Attach each natural shell charm to the braided section with jump rings. 6 Natural shell charms have been used. Space the charms evenly across the necklace.
Using the second length of silver Bead Landing chain, Fold the length in half and measure the amount needed to have the braided section of the necklace fall in a comfortable place for yourself. If you have extra, remove links as necessary.
Attach the ends of the chain to the top ring of the nautilus shell connector with jump rings.