Silver & White Garter for Seniors
- To make 29 points - 12 Silver, 12 White, 5 Metallic Web Points:
- Ribbon, 1½-inch, Metallic Silver, 1¼ yards, Cut in 4-inch pieces
- Ribbon, 1-inch, White, 1¼ yards, Cut in 4-inch pieces
- Ribbon, 2-inch, Metallic Silver, 1yard< Cut in 4-inch pieces
- Cardboard Backing Circles, 3
- Silver Mum, 6½-inch x 15 layer, 1
- For Basic Backing Streamers:
- Ribbon, 1½-inch, Metallic Silver, 5 yards, Cut in 1-yard pieces
- Ribbon, 1½-inch, White, 5 yards, Cut in 1-yard pieces,
- Ribbons and Garlands - each piece ½ Yard:
- Diamondback Chain, Silver and White, 1
- Ribbon, Wide Silver Mesh, 1
- Silver Garlands, Assorted, Approximately 4-6
- Streamers, Assorted Silver and White - printed, textured, different widths, Approximately 6-8
- Streamers, Several Clear - printed in either Silver or White, Approximately 4-6
- Silver Small Glitter Sticker Letters to spell Homecoming”’
- Plastic Trinkets:
- Seniors’ Star Charm, 3-inch, Silver/White, 1
- Cowbells, 1-inch, Silver, 2
- Tassel, 4-inch, Silver, 1
- Rhinestone Crystal Heart Spray, 1
- Silver Glitter Football Spray, 1
- We’ve Got Spirit’ Charm, Silver/White, 1
- Garter, Silver or White, 1
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot glue Sticks
Make about 29 points -12 Silver, 12 White, and 5 Metallic Web Points:
Use silver 4-inch pieces. Staple each point twice to secure and staple to cardboard backing circle spacing evenly around circle. Staple the white points in between each silver point. Staple or hot glue the metallic web points to create a star like shape.
Prepare flower (mum) and attach to the backing with the points.
Make a basic backing with streamers in silver and white:
Using 1 piece of each color of the 1-yard ribbons, lay one on top of the other and fold in half so that the right side of the ribbon still shows on both sides (the top will form a point). Then staple the point onto a second cardboard backing circle in 1 row of 2 double streamers and another row of 3 double streamers, overlapping slightly.
Add the following with staples or hot glue:
Silver and White Diamondback Chain
Wide Silver Mesh Ribbons
Assorted Silver Garlands
Assorted Silver and White Streamers
Place Silver Glittered Homecoming’ Stickers on to the diamondback Chain.
Hot glue or tie the following embellishments or trinkets as shown:
Silver/White We’ve Got Spirit’ Charm
inch Silver Cowbells
Hot glue the following embellishments onto the flower as shown:
Seniors’ Star Charm
Rhinestone Crystal Heart Spray
Silver Glitter Football Spray
Make a white hanger loop with 1-inch ribbon, 6-inches long. Staple it well to top of backing with streamers.
Using the hot glue gun, attach the backing with the points and flower to the backing with the streamers. Hot glue a silver or white garter onto the back of the cardboard backing that the streamers are attached to. When cool, hot glue another cardboard backing on top of that to finish and hold secure.
TipsStart with a plan. Lay out and piece mum together on a flat surface. It’s easier to reposition items when they are not glued down yet.
Use the low setting on your glue gun to avoid burning your fingers.