- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Acrylic Craft Paint, Gloss – Wedding Cake, Green Curry and Surf
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Tintable Glaze Effect
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Utility Brush Set
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Combing Tool
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Striping Brush Set
- Birdhouse, Small
- Brush Basin (or Water Container)
- Foam Plates
- Paper Towel
- Sandpaper, Fine Grit
Step 1 Base coat birdhouse as follows and let dry:
House – Green Curry
Roof – Wedding Cake
Base – Surf
Trim – Wedding Cake
Step 2 When dry, sand smooth. Reapply base colors and let dry.
Step 3 To create the crisscross pattern on the roof, mix equal amounts of Tintable Glaze Effect with Surf. Brush mixture over half of the roof. Pull combing tool through wet paint, first vertically starting at the peak and pulling downward. Wipe excess paint off combing tool and pull comb over wet mixture horizontally from front to back. Repeat on other half of the roof.
Step 4 Load small, double flat, striping brush with Tintable Glaze, then stroke through Wedding Cake. Brush horizontal stripes around base of birdhouse.
Step 5 Load striping brush with Green Curry and paint checkerboard pattern over roof trim and base of birdhouse.