Smoothfoam™ "Eye in the Sky" Flying Saucer
Create this "Eye in the Sky" flying saucer to go along with your friends Robbie and Roberta Robotson!
Designed by Julie McGuffee.
- Smoothfoam™ Discs- 6" and 8"
- Smoothfoam™ Balls, 2" and 4"
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paint- Neon Electric Blue and Thermal Green
- DecoArt® Dazzling Metallics® Paint- Shimmering Silver
- Foam Brush (or Paintbrush)
- Creatology™ Wiggle Eye, Large
- Creatology™ Chenille Stem- Silver
- Creatology™ Adhesive Glitter Foam Sheet- Silver
- Creatology™ Foam Glitter Shapes- Stars
- Brads, Large- Jeweled
- Tacky Glue
- ArtMinds™ Adhesive Dots
- Plastic Knife
With the help of an adult, cut the 4" ball in half. Paint the smaller disc and one half of the ball silver, the large disc Electric Blue, and the small ball Thermal Green.
Referring to photo, glue the small disc to the bottom of the large disc and the half ball to the top, making sure pieces are centered.
Decorate the top of the saucer with 1/4" strips of silver glitter foam and the outside edges with small squares/rectangles about 1/2" x 3/4". Push jeweled brads into the areas between squares. Decorate the dome with stars.
Glue one end of a toothpick into the base of the small ball then the opposite end into the top of the dome. Attach the wiggle eye with adhesive dots.
Fold two chenille stems in half. Curl two pieces, then glue into the top of the green ball for antennae.
Adult supervision is required at all times.