Solar System Mobile
- STYROFOAM™ Ball
- Creatology™ Chenille Stem
- Crayola® Model Magic®
- Craft Smart® Acrylic Paint- Black
- Glitter Glue- Colors of Choice
- Clay Roller
- Paint Brush
- Cut chenille stems to approximately 2" long. Bend in half and push ends into Styrofoam® ball. One chenille stem will be pushed into the top and the other eight will go into the bottom. Spread them out, but keep them all towards the bottom of the Styrofoam® ball so when the strings are attached, the planets will hang nicely.
- Use red Model Magic® and roll out thin sheets with a roller. Place the thin sheets on to a Styrofoam® ball and gently push it down to form closely to ball. Cover entire ball working around the chenille stems. Hang and let dry over night.
- Begin to make the planets with white Model Magic®. Roll eight balls thinking about the size of each planet. Saturn will need a ring formed around it. Once they are created, let dry about 4 hours then push in the pipe cleaner loops. Let dry over night.
- Once dry, paint the planets using acrylic paint in the colors of the solar system. Let dry.
- Use your finger to spread on glitter glue: orange for the sun, black and blue for the planets. Let dry.
- Tie black yarn through chenille stem loops under the big ball. Cut yarn, each at a different length. Tie the appropriate planets closest to the sun with the shortest string and progress to the longest string with the furthest planet.
- Finish by tying yarn to the top chenille stem to hang the mobile.