Knit this pretty hat with Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick® yarn which has the feel, warmth and softness of wool with the easy care of acrylic.
Courtesy of Lion Brand®.
- Lion Brand® Wool-Ease® Thick& Quick® Yarn – Grass (1 Ball) or Color of Choice
- Lion Brand® Double Pointed Knitting Needles, Size 13 (9mm), Set of 5
- Lion Brand® Stitch Marker
- Lion Brand® Large-eyed Blunt Needle
10 sts = about 4" (10 cm) in K2, p2 Rib, slightly stretched.
BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
1. Hat is worked from lower edge up to crown (top of Hat).
2. Hat is worked in the round, beg with a circular needle, then changing to double pointed needles when beg decreases for crown (top of Hat).
3. If you prefer, the entire Hat can be worked on double pointed needles.
With circular needle, cast on 48 sts. Place marker for beg of rnd. Join by working the first st on left hand needle with the working yarn from the right hand needle and being careful not to twist sts.
Rnd 1: *K2, p2; rep from * to end of rnd.
Rep last rnd until piece measures about 10" (25.5 cm) from beg.
Shape Crown (Top of Hat)
Rnd 1: Change from circular needle to double pointed needles (dpns), as follows: With first dpn, (k2, p2) three times; with 2nd dpn, (k2, p2) three times; with 3rd dpn, (k2, p2) three times; with 4th dpn, (k2, p2) three times. Set the circular needle aside and work with dpns only. Remember to move your marker for the beg of the rnd to the dpn.
Rnd 2: *K2, p2tog; rep from * to end of rnd – 36 sts at the end of this rnd.
Rnd 3: *K2, p1; rep from * to end of rnd.
Rnd 4: *K1, k2tog; rep from * to end of rnd – 24 sts at the end of this rnd.
Rnd 5: *K2tog; rep from * to end of rnd – 12 sts at the end of this rnd.
Cut yarn, leaving along tail. Thread tail through remaining sts and pull to gather. Knot securely.
Weave in ends.
beg = begin(ning)
dpn(s) = double pointed needle(s)
k = knit
k2tog = knit 2together
p = purl
p2tog = purl 2together
rep = repeat
rnd = round
st(s) = stitch(es)
Every effort has been made to produce accurate and complete instructions. We cannot be responsible for variance of individual knitters or crocheters, human error, or typographical mistakes.
©2011 Lion Brand Yarn Company, all rights reserved.