Spring Bunny & Friends
Celebrate Spring by creating these cute characters from clay pots!
Designed by the Plaid Creative Team.
- Terra Cotta Rose Pots – 1½" (5) and 2½" (4)
- Terra Cotta Saucers – 4", 3" 2" and 3" (1 Ea.)
- FolkArt® Acrylic Paint – Parisian Pink, Wicker White, Lime Green, Medium Yellow, Violet Pansy and Calypso Sky
- Styrofoam® Balls – 4", 3", 2½", 2" and 1½"
- Styrofoam® Block – 9-7/8"x11-7/8"x1-3/16"
- Creatology™ Craft Foam Sheets – White and Light Blue
- Creatology™ Pom Poms – White and Black
- Creatology™ Chenille Stems – White, Yellow and Orange
- Celebrate It® Ribbon – Pink
- Creatology™ Wiggle Eyes – ¼" and 3/8"
- Craft Glue
- Craft Knife
- ½" Flat Brush
- Liner Brush
Bunny Rabbit and Bench
Base coat these pots with Wicker White: two 1½", 3", 4" rose pots.
Glue ½ of a 3" Styrofoam® ball to saucer for hat; paint it Lime Green. Add Wicker White dots.
Cut ears from white foam and flower from blue foam. Glue small white pom pom to flower. Paint inside of ears Parisian Pink. Cut slits in top of hat; insert ears; glue.
Glue flower to hat and hat to rose pot. Add eyes, pom pom nose. Cut 2½" Styrofoam® ball in half; glue under nose. Cut six 2½" pieces of white chenille stems; insert in cheeks.
Cut three 10" pieces of twine. Insert ends into two 1½" pots; tie a knot. Center twine on top of 3" pot; glue. Glue rose pot on top.
Tie pink bows around arms. Glue 3" pot to 4" pot.
Cut a 4"x10" piece of Styrofoam® block then glue to two rose pots; paint Parisian Pink. When dry, paint flowers and grass.
Paint two 1½" pots, four 1½" Styrofoam® balls Medium Yellow. Cut two balls in half and glue to side of pots for wings. Glue whole balls to pots for heads.
Loop orange chenille stems into feet and beak. Glue in place. Curl pieces of yellow chenille stems; insert in heads and glue to back of pot for feathers. Glue eyes to heads.
Paint remaining pots in desired colors.
Cut Styrofoam® balls in half. Paint in desired colors then dot with Wicker White paint. Glue to pot bottoms.