Spring Egg Card
Let the kids get creative and have fun designing their own Easter card.
Designed by Craft Marketing Connections, Inc. courtesy of Elmer's.
- Elmer's® Bi-Fold Foam Board™, White, opens to 12" x 18"
- X-ACTO® #1 Craft Knife* with extra blades
- 12" x 12" scrapbook paper, (2) green polka dot, (2) orange polka dot; (1) white polka dot
- 30" length of medium white rick rack
- (17) 10mm gem stones, various color
- (12) 9mm gem stones, clear
- Crystal glitter paint writer
- 6" length of 3/8" orange ribbon
- Decorative edge scissors
- Copy paper
- Cutting Mat
- Pattern (download button below)
Use pencil to trace pattern (dowload below) onto copy paper and cut out. Align straight side on left side of pattern with folded edge of Elmer's® Foam Board™ and lightly trace with pencil. Use Elmer's® X-ACTO® #1 Craft Knife (with new blade) and cutting mat to cut Foam Board™. (Hint: Score lightly first and then press more firmly to cut deeper, with several passes of the knife. Replace blades often.)
Use pencil to trace pattern onto green polka dot and only one of the two orange polka dot papers. Turn pattern over and trace on second orange paper. Use scissors to cut out.
Place closed Bi-Fold Foam Board™ on table with opening on right side. On front of card, use Elmer's® Craft Bond™ Glue Stick to attach green paper. Similarly, position, align and glue orange papers on inside of card.
Trace pattern onto white polka dot paper. Use decorative edge scissors to cut shape about 1" smaller than pattern. Use Glue Stick to attach to inside right of card.
Decorate card front with lengths of rick rack that are glued with Glue Stick and trimmed with scissors. Squeeze dots of glitter paint onto card about the size of the gem stones. Press gem stone into glitter paint so that paint forms a rim around gem stones. Let dry.
Write greeting on inside of card.