- Paper Reflections® 9-inch x 11-inch Memory Book
- Box Frame, 9-inch x 12-inch
- FolkArt® Acrylic Colors, Baby Pink
- FolkArt® Acrylic Colors, Heather
- FolkArt® Acrylic Colors, Mystic Green
- FolkArt® Acrylic Colors, Olive Green
- FolkArt® Acrylic Colors, Pink
- FolkArt® Acrylic Colors, Poetry Green
- FolkArt® Acrylic Colors, Rose White
- FolkArt® Acrylic Colors, Spring Rose
- FolkArt® Acrylic Colors, Violet Pansy
- Fun to Paint Fun Sponges Swirls
- Simply® Stamps, Flowerpot Dragonfly
- Simply® Stamps, Flowerpot Flower
- Simply® Stencils, Butterflies
- Simply® Stencils, Floral Sampler
- Simply® Stencils, Retro Shapes
- Photo Frame Cards
- Watercolor Paper Sampler, 500 Series
- Ribbon, 3/8-inch wide
- Water container
Paper Preparation for Both Projects: Place watercolor paper on flat, protected work surface. Note: You will be working with 3 hues of paint: a light tone, a medium tone and a dark tone. Brush plain water across paper with paintbrush. Mix a tablespoon of medium-toned paint with &½ tablespoon water. Brush thinned paint across paper quickly, using long strokes. Let dry thoroughly.
Use dark-toned paint to stencil design in desired patterns. With paintbrush or Spouncer, dab small amounts of paint at a time into stencil openings.
Apply paint to stamp with either sponge applicator or brush. Stamp over stenciling as desired with light-toned paint. Reapply paint as needed.
For Journal Cover: Prepare watercolor paper according to directions above.
Remove journal cover. With a ruler and pencil, trace its outline onto back side of stamped paper. Cut out and glue to cover of journal. Let dry (about 20 minutes).
Reassemble journal, then tie lengths of ribbon to spine.
For Envelope and Card: Prepare watercolor paper according to directions above.
Break open an envelope from card package and lay flat on work surface. Place flattened envelope on backside of stamped paper; trace exact shape. Cut out envelope shape from watercolor paper, fold as original and glue sides to hold.
Cut a rectangle from remaining stamped paper and slide into card frame. Embellish if desired with shapes cut from painted watercolor paper.
For Butterfly Box Frame: Prepare watercolor paper according to directions above.
Fold and clip corners of stamped paper to fit inside frame. Insert stamped paper into frame and re-attach backing.
Cut designs from stamped paper and attach to front of frame if desired.
TipsRead and follow manufacturer's instructions for all products used.
Use photo as a guide when painting and assembling each project.
Make shopping easier!
Print this project sheet and take it to your local Michaels store.