Martha Stewart Crafts™ Stamped Flower and Butterfly Border Card
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Stamp Around the Page Starter Set
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Paper Trimmer
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Craft Ruler, 14"x3"
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Bone Folder
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Permanent Adhesive Tab and Roll
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Precision Scissors
- Ink Pads
- Cardstock - Blue, Cream and Pink
- Foam Adhesive
- Slide floral vine/butterfly template, with Martha Stewart Crafts™ logo facing right side up and away from you, into the base.
- Slide a 4"x6" piece of cream cardstock under template, aligning corner of paper to lower left corner of grid on the base.
- To mount the floral vine corner stamp (square stamp) on the block, position stamp and block with the small triangles toward you. Match up the small triangle on the lower right of the stamp with the triangle on the lower right of the block. Tap pink ink onto the stamp, taking care not to apply ink to the background.
- Flip the block over from right to left, and place it in the cushioned frame on the base. Apply even pressure while stamping the corner of the cardstock. Practice pressure and technique on scrap paper before stamping on project.
- Lift block and remove paper. Stamp the remaining three corners, turning paper in a clockwise direction, and reapplying ink before stamping each time.
- Remove small floral vine stamp from stamp mount. Place butterfly corner stamp on mount, matching up triangles as before.
- Position corner of cardstock under template as before. Repeat Steps 3 through 5 to stamp butterfly in blue on all four corners. Remove butterfly corner stamp from block.
- Slide paper under template, matching the stamped corner design on the paper to the template pattern printed closest to the center of the base.
- Mount floral vine border stamp on block, matching up the two small triangles in the lower corners of the stamp with the triangles on the lower corners of the block.
- Apply pink ink to stamp, flip block over from right to left, and stamp image. To continue border, slide paper sideways and align the stamped image to the pattern on the template. Re-ink stamp and stamp paper. Repeat around all edges of the paper. Remove floral vine stamp from block.
- Repeat Steps 1 through 3 with butterfly border stamp and blue ink.
Complete the Card
- Print Thank You sentiment in blue on cream cardstock. Without using the guide, stamp the floral vine corner stamp with pink ink to the left of the sentiment. Stamp the butterfly corner in blue on the right side of the sentiment.
- Trim the stamped sentiment and mat on blue cardstock. Use foam adhesive to attach sentiment block to center of 4"x6" stamped piece. Mat 4"x6" piece on a 4 ¼"x6 ¼" block of blue cardstock.
- To create card base, cut a 6 ½"x 9" piece of pink cardstock. Use the bone folder and ruler to score in half for a 6 ½"x4 ½" card. Adhere complete stamped block to pink card base.
- Stamp two additional blue butterflies on cream cardstock. Cut them out with scissors and adhere to the sentiment block with foam adhesive.