Stenciled CD Coasters
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paints – White Wash, Buttermilk, Leaf Green, Alizarin Crimson and Tangelo Orange
- DecoArt Americana® DuraClear Varnish, Matte
- DecoArt Americana® Classic Stencils – Jacobean Floral
- Recycled CDs (or DVDs) (4)
- Paintbrushes – ¾" Flat and 3/0 Liner
- Water Container
- Palette (or Plastic Plate)
- Paper Towels
- E-6000® Adhesive
- Felt – Maroon, Orange, Ivory, Dark Green
Step 1 Sand shiny side of CD/DVD enough to rough up surface and remove coating.
Step 2 Paint each CD a different color: Buttermilk, Tangelo Orange, Alizarin Crimson, and Leaf Green. Repeat for two more coats.
Step 3 Stencil on designs using White Wash, touching up with fine line brush if needed.
Step 4 Finish with two coats of DuraClear varnish.
Step 5 Cut felt into circles about ¼" smaller in diameter than CD.
Step 6 Use E-6000® to attach felt circles to back of CDs.