- Foam Bookmark
- Hole Punch
- Flat Paper Stickers of Choice
- Acrylic Jewels
- Ribbon of Choice
- Fine Motor
- Trace the bookmark shape onto the white cardstock with a pencil several times and mark where the hole is on the bookmark.
- Cut out the cardstock along the lines and use the hole punch to make the holes where needed. Sandwich the white paper bookmarks between two matching foam bookmarks and line up the holes at the top.
- Cut several pieces of ribbon equal lengths and string them through all the layers of the bookmark. Tie a knot at the top but not too close to the paper so that you can still flip through the pages.
- Use the alphabet stickers to spell the title of the book on the front foam bookmark. Use the acrylic jewels to decorate the bookmark as well.
- The teacher should read a short story or fable to students aloud. Have students write a sentence that accurately describes what happened in the story and then illustrate the bookmark with details from the story.