Super Star Frames
Preserve a special memory in this fun frame.
Designed by Craft Marketing Connections, Inc. courtesy of Elmer's.
- Elmer's® X-ACTO® Gripster® Knife
- Elmer's® X-ACTO® Self-Healing Cutting Mat
- (3) 2 3/4" x 3" wood stars
- Acrylic ruler
- 2 3/4" x 3 3/4" photo
- Transparent tape
- YELLOW STAR
- Elmer's® Foam Board™, Yellow, 20" x 30 x 3/16"
- 1 yd. 6" length of 3/8" wide yellow/red star ribbon
- 4" squares of three coordinating red scrapbook papers
- Red, fine-line marker
- BLACK STAR
- Elmer's® Foam Board™, Black, 20" x 30 x 3/16"
- 1 yd. 6" length of 3/8" wide black with silver gems ribbon
- Metallic spray paint – Super Silver by Design Master®
- Silver spray glitter – Glitter Spray by Design Master®
- Old newspapers
- Silver fine-line marker
FOR YELLOW STAR:
1. Use pencil to lightly trace star pattern (download below) onto the Elmers® Yellow Foam Board™. Use an Elmer's® X-ACTO® Knife (with new blade) and acrylic ruler on Elmer's® Cutting Mat to cut out star. (Hint: Score lightly first and then press more firmly to cut deeper, with several passes of the knife. Replace blades often.) Trace and cut a second identical star.
2. Measure, draw and cut a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" vertical rectangle for photo in center of only one star. Trim photo as needed and attach to back of opening using tape.
3. Align stars, with photo sandwiched between. Apply Elmer's® Craft Bond™ Glue Stick to back of front star and press onto back star. Apply Glue Stick to foam edges and press 1 yd. length of ribbon onto edge, going all around star.
4. Use Glue Stick to attach right side of wood stars to wrong side of red scrapbook papers. Let dry. Use X-ACTO® Knife and Cutting Mat to a trim paper around each star. Use Tacky Glue to attach stars to front of frame.
5. For hanger loop, overlap ends of a 6" length of ribbon and use Elmer's® Craft Bond™ Tacky Glue to glue to top back of star. Let dry before hanging. Use pencil to lightly write name and year on one point of star. Trace over lines with red marker.
FOR BLACK STAR:
1. Follow Yellow Star, Steps 1, 2 and 3 using Elmer's® Black Foam Board and black ribbon.
2. In a well-ventilated area, protect work area with newspapers and spray wooden stars with super silver spray paint. Let dry. Apply a coat of glitter spray and let dry. Use Tacky Glue to attach stars to front of frame.
3. Follow Yellow Star, Step 5, using silver marker to trace name and date pencil lines.