Swedish Paper Heart Basket
- Creatology™ Construction Paper
- Cut two paper rectangles from colored construction paper and round off ends. The exact size of the rectangles doesn't matter as long as the two pieces are the same size.
- Fold the strips in half and cut three slits through the folds. Do not cut to the edge. Leave about 1-2" from the top.
- Weave "through and around" as opposed to "over and under" in the traditional weaving.
- Using the two colors, imagine one color labeled 1,2, 3 and A, B, and C.
- Begin by weaving strip 1 through slit A, around strip B, through slit C. Push this row to the back, where the slits end. Continue the weaving with strip B. Weave through slit 1, around strip 2, through slit 3. This row is finished. Continue until all the rows are done.