Sweet Fairy Baby Girl’s Nursery Lamp and Shade
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors Light Blue, Ballet Pink, Yellow, Soft Apple, Country Twill, Tangerine, Baby Pink, Wicker White
- FolkArt ® Extreme Glitter, Hologram
- Stencil Decor Stencil Blank (or transfer paper)
- Liner Brush, #1
- Flat Brushes, ¼-inch, ½-inch
- Stencil Brushes, 3/16-inch, ¼-inch, ½-inch
- Foam Spouncer, ¾-inch
- Dauber, ¼-inch
- 9x12-inch Glimmer Felt Sheets, White (2)
- Extra Wide Double Fold Light Pink Bias Tape, ½-inch
- Basic Ribbon, Pink/White Polka Dot Ribbon, 5/8-inch
- Craft knife and Blades (if cutting your own stencils)
- Wood Lamp Base
- White Lamp Shade
Transfer cloud pattern to Glimmer felt sheets and cut out. Glue around bottom edge of shade as shown. Adapt pattern for length depending on shade.
Cut separate stencil for each part of fairy baby, or transfer pattern to shade as shown.
Paint or stencil referring to photo for color placement.
Mix 1 part Tangerine to 3 parts Wicker White for faces, arms and legs.
Add details to dress, hair, arms, legs, wand stem and starbursts with liner brush.
Add spouncer and dauber dots around shade.
Apply two coats of Hologram Glitter to wings, wand and dots allowing drying time between each coat.
Eyes and mouth are applied using opposite end of smallest paintbrush. Cheeks are applied using very dry smallest stencil brush in Baby Pink.
Glue Bias tape around top and bottom edge of shade. Apply Hologram Glitter to bias tape. Tie ribbon in a bow and glue to front of shade as shown.
Paint lamp base in colors shown, adapting to style of base. Apply two coats of Hologram to Lime Yellow and Soft Apple sections. Paint swirl pattern on Light Blue section using liner brush and Lime Yellow.