Sweet Floral Lamb Cake
- Favorite Firm-textured Cake Recipe (or Mix) – Pound Cake
- Wilton® Stand-Up Pan – Lamb
- Wilton® Cake Board, 10"x14"
- Wilton® Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Wilton® Buttercream Icing
- Wilton® Icing Color – Rose, Royal Blue and Black
- Wilton® Angled Spatula, 9"
- Wilton® Pattern – Lamb Eye
- Wilton® Piping Gel
- Wilton® Couplers
- Wilton® Disposable Decorating Bags, 12"
- Wilton® Decorating Tip – 3, 2,1, 5 and 18
- Plastic Ruler
- Wilton® Decorating Candy
- Wilton® Royal Icing Decorations – Small White
- Roses, Daisies, Purple Posies and Leaves
Step 1 Bake and cool lamb cake using firm-textured batter, such as pound cake, according to pan packaging directions. Position on a foil-wrapped cake board cut a little larger than pan.
Step 2 Ice face and ears. Prepare Buttercream icing following recipe directions located on the back of the box. Tint small portions rose, blue and black; reserve large portion white. Use spatula and white icing to ice face smooth. Use spatula and rose icing to ice inner ear smooth.
Step 3 Decorate facial features: Use lamb eye pattern, piping gel and cut disposable decorating bag to mark eyes on lamb. Use tip 3 and white icing to outline and fill in whites of eyes. Pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. Use tip 3 and blue icing to outline and fill in irises; pat smooth. Use tip 3 and black icing to outline and fill in pupils; pat smooth. Use tip 2 and white icing to pipe dot highlight. Use tip 1 and black icing to outline eyes and pipe pull-out lashes. Use tip 3 and rose icing to outline and fill in nose; pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. Use tip 2 and black icing to outline mouth.
Step 4 Decorate body. Use tip 5 and white icing to outline legs and to outline and fill in hooves. Pat hooves smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. Use tip 18 and white icing to pipe rosettes starting at the bottom of the lamb working upwards, over-piping for dimension.
Step 5 Decorate around lamb. For grass, use scissors to cut licorice 1" long and attach using Buttercream around lamb. Use icing to attach roses, daisies, posies and leaves around lamb and on head.