Sweet Heart Pin
- Candy or candle mold
- Crayola® Model Magic®, white
- Tissue paper (various colors and prints)
- Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue
- Mod Podge®
- Pin with self-adhesive
- Fine Motor
- Mold the heart. Use Model Magic in the heart mold. Allow to dry. This should be done on day one.
- The next day allow the students to tear and glue small pieces (½ inch x ½ inch) of tissue paper using various colors and prints. Overlap the pieces of tissue paper so you do not see any of the white heart.
- After the tissue paper has dried, use Mod Podge® on top of the heart.
- After the Mod Podge® dries attach pin on the back.
TipsDon't forget to let the students sign the back of the pin and date it. It will be a special pin for mom for many years.
BackgroundAnother great class project for Mother's Day! Students will learn how to make a heart pin while reflecting on what they love about Mom. Help students select one adjective that describes her.
My mom is very ________. (Funny? Kind? Caring? Creative?)
Then have them respond to the following writing prompt:
I know this is true because I remember a time when she_________________.
For an extra touch of holiday sweetness, provide the prompts on a heart-shaped piece of construction paper and have students give it to Mom along with the pin. Hearts will be melting all around town!
Tip: Don't forget to have students sign and date the back of their pins.