Tassel of Fun Necklace
Fashion a western-inspired jewelry piece that's pure fun!
Designed by June Beach
- Bead Landing 7” Seed Bead Turquoise Fringe Chain from the Sedona Collection, 2 count
- Bead Landing 7” Seed Bead Mixed Fringe Chain from the Sedona Collection, 2 count
- Bead Landing 7” Antique Silver Chain Maille Chain from the Sedona Collection, 2 count
- Turquoise Beads, 7 count
- Yellow Turquoise Round Beads, 5 count
- Jump Ring or 2” Extender Chain
- Antique Silver Eye Pins, 10 count
- Memory Wire
Cut a piece of memory wire using memory wire cutters approximately 6”.
Use round nose pliers and make a loop on one end of the memory wire.
Slide on a turquoise bead then string the loops on each end of the seed bead fringe chains onto the memory wire, place another turquoise bead on the wire. Make another loop on the open end of the wire. Cut excess wire with the memory wire cutters if necessary.
Open a jump ring and attach to the chain maille chain and the loop on the fringed memory wire. Close jump ring securely with pliers. Repeat for other side of necklace.
Use pliers to open one end of an eye pin, attach to end of chain maille section, close eye with the pliers. Slide a turquoise bead onto the pin. Use round nose pliers to bend the wire into a loop right above the bead. Use side cutters to trim excess wire from the headpin and secure the end of the headpin into the top of the bead.
Repeat the step above for the remainder of the beads to complete the backside of the necklace.
Before closing the last loop connect the clasp prior to closing the loop. The clasp will connect to the top of the chain maille chain section to secure the necklace.
Enjoy your Tassle of Fun Necklace!