Teacher Appreciation Card
- Elmer’s® Bi-Fold Foam Board™, 9"x12" (Opens to 12"x18")
- CraftBond™ Quick Dry Glue Dual Tip Glue Pen
- Elmer’s® X-Treme Glue Stick
- CraftBond™ Foam Mounting Tape
- Photo Corners – Silver
- Paper Trimmer
- Cutting Mat
- X-ACTO® Designer Series Retractable #1 Knife
- Paint Markers, Medium Tip – Red, Blue, Green, Orange and Violet
- Cardstock, 12"x12" – Tan
- Scrapbook Printed Paper, 12"x12" – Polka Dot or Stripes of Choice
- Scrapbook Solid Paper, 12"x12" – Red (1), Green (1), Purple (1), Blue (1), Orange (1) and Yellow (2)
- Chipboard Letters, 1¼" – THANKS
- Chipboard Shape, 4" – Heart
- Exchange Photo of Teacher, Small
Step 1 Place Bi-Fold Foam Board™ on table, closed, with opening on right side. Use paper trimmer to cut two 9"x12" pieces from yellow papers. For front of card, use X-Treme Glue Stick to attach one sheet to Foam Board™. Turn over Foam Board™ to back and similarly glue other sheet.
Step 2 Use paper trimmer to cut tan cardstock into three 1"x12" strips. Also cut one 1½"x12" strip from each of the colors of paper (except yellow.) Prime the paint markers according to package instructions. Refer to photo to use paint markers to print class subject names on tan cardstock. Let dry and trim ends. Use photo corners to mount each subject on the corresponding scrapbook paper strip. Trim ends, leaving a ¼" border all around. Set aside.
Step 3 To cover chipboard letters, select color for each letter. Apply glue stick to right side of letter and press onto wrong side of paper. Use X-ACTO® Designer Series Retractable #1 Knife and cutting mat to trim away excess paper. When not in use, retract knife (and only adults should use0. Similarly cover chipboard heart with red paper. Use blue paint marker to print teacher's name. Let dry.
Step 4 Position chipboard letters on top, front of card. Refer to photo to use pencil to lightly print "for teaching us…" underneath the letters. Go over lines with paint marker and let dry. At bottom, place heart at right and use pencil to lightly print "with LOVE!". Similarly go over lines with paint marker and let dry.
Step 5 Use CraftBond™ Foam Mounting Tape on back of each subject and attach at various angles. Similarly attach heart, tucking photo underneath. Use small piece of mounting tape to raise top of photo for dimension. Use CraftBond™ Quick Dry Glue Dual Tip Glue Pen to glue chipboard letters.
Step 6 Inside card, use photo corners to attach a class photo and have each student sign card.