Back to School Teacher Clipboard
Add buttons, ribbon and tulle for lots of texture.
Designed by Helen Slabodukh, courtesy of Blumenthal Lansing Co.
- Favorite Findings™ BIG Bag of Buttons - Rainbow & Colors We Love Primary
- Scrapbook Paper - School Theme
- 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon - Royal/White Dot, Yellow/White Dot
- Plaid® Folk Art® Acrylic Paint - School Bus Yellow, Wicker White
- Dimensional Fabric Paint - Yellow, Red, Royal and Green
- Unfinished Wood Clothespins (3)
- Small Flat Paintbrush
- Paper Adhesive
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue
- 20 Gauge Craft Wire - Copper
- Embroidery Floss - Primary Colors
- Drill and Smallest Drill Bit
- Wire Cutter
Paint edges of frame Yellow. Paint clothespins White. Let dry.
Lay frame face down on red check paper. Trace and cut out. Adhere to front of frame. Repeat with a different paper. Cut in half, adhere to bottom of frame, over red check paper.
At outer edge on left of frame, drill a hole 1” down from top. Cut 4” length of wire. Grab end with pliers, roll into a spiral shape. Glue end into hole. Repeat on right side of frame. Let glue dry.
Glue royal ribbon across center, on both sides of frame, where two papers meet. Cut 12” lengths of yellow and royal ribbons. Tie a bow with each. Glue to upper left corner of frame. Glue tails in place where desired.
Cut desired length of royal ribbon for hanger. Knot to wire spirals at sides.
Use hot glue to glue clothespins to bottom edge of frame.
Make five stacks of two large/medium buttons. Make four stacks of two small buttons. Tie together with floss, knotting on back. Use hot glue to glue button stacks in place.