Terra Cotta Love Fairy
Two terra cotta pots, some wooden shapes, and the bright colors of Patio Paint equal one fairy bearing words of love.
Designed by Jane Chandler, DecoArt Design Team
- DecoArt® Patio Paint™: Geranium Red, Summer Sky Blue, Pot O' Gold, Cloud White, Carnation Pink
- Lara’s® Crafts Unfinished Wood Shapes: 1¾-inch Hearts (3), 1¼-inch Doll Head/Knob
- Forster® Woodsies™: Medium Teardrop Shapes (2)
- Terra Cotta Pots: 1.9-inch, 2.75-inch
- Fibre-Craft® Mini Quick Curls Doll Hair
- Brushes: ¾-inch Flat, #3 Round, 3/8-inch Round Foam Pouncer
- Foam Plate
- Black Fine Tip Permanent Marker
- Low-Temp Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
- Blow Dryer, optional to speed drying time
Use flat brush and Carnation Pink to paint doll head and larger pot; let dry.
Use flat brush and Geranium Red to paint smaller pot and teardrop shapes; let dry.
Use flat brush and Cloud White to paint two hearts; let dry.
Use flat brush and Pot O' Gold to paint remaining heart and let dry.
Mix two parts Carnation Pink to one part Geranium Red; use pouncer brush to paint two circles for cheeks.
Use round brush and Geranium Red to paint small heart print on Carnation Pink pot and for mouth on doll head; let dry.
Use round brush and Carnation Pink to paint small heart print on Geranium Red pot. Let dry.
Use tip of paintbrush handle dipped in Summer Sky Blue to paint two dots for eyes and let dry.
Glue smaller pot over base of larger pot, with pot slanted forward at angle.
Glue doll head/knob on bottom of small pot.
With tips of hearts touching, glue hearts to back of small pot for wings.
Use black marker to paint words "hugs and kisses" on front of Pot O' Gold heart.
Glue Pot O' Gold heart to front of small pot.
Glue teardrop shapes for arms at sides of small pot, wedging them between wings and heart at front with rounded end upwards.
Glue hair as desired to top, sides, and back of doll head. Let dry.
Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.