Terra Cotta Pumpkin
Before paint, just an ordinary clay pot. After paint, a festive pumpkin.
Designed by Donna Bush, DecoArt Design Team
- DecoArt® Patio Paint™: Tiger Lily Orange, Sweet Pea, Pinecone Brown
- Terra Cotta Standard Pot: 8-inch
- Terra Cotta Standard Pot: 1-inch
- Green Foam Sheet (for leaves)
- Brown Chenille Stem (for tendril)
- Sponge Brush
- 1-inch Flat Brush
- Water Container
- Palette or Plastic Plate
- Paper Towels
- E-6000® Adhesive or WeldBond
- Low-Temp Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
Use pencil to draw leaves on foam sheet and cut out.
Use sponge brush to paint large pot with Tiger Lily Orange and small pot with Sweet Pea.
Dampen flat brush in water. Press on paper towel to remove excess moisture but make sure brush is slightly damp. Pick up Pine Cone Brown on one side of brush. Brush back and forth on palette a few times. Pull brush from top to bottom of pot to form a soft line. Repeat around pot.
Position and adhere foam leaves, terra cotta “stem” and chenille stem tendril. Curl tendril with fingers.
Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.
Allow to dry between steps.