The Love Keeps Flowing
Courtesy of Wilton Industries, Inc.
- Wilton 8 X 2 Inch Heart Pan
- Wilton 12 X 2 Inch Heart Pan
- Wilton 16 X 2 Inch Heart Pan
- Wilton Decorating Tip, No. 3
- Wilton Decorating Tip, No. 10
- Wilton Our First Dance Ornament
- Wilton Royal Icing Recipe
- Wilton Buttercream Icing Recipe
- Wilton 18 Inch Heart Separator Plates, 2
- Wilton 13-3/4 Inch Roman Columns, 6
- Wilton 5 Inch Grecian Pillars, 4
- Wilton Cake Board
- Wilton Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Wilton Wooden Dowel Rods
- Wilton Kolor-Flo Fountain
- Wilton Meringue Powder
- Waxed Paper
- 12 X 4 inch foam block
- Tulle circle
Several days in advance, using thinned royal icing, pipe approximately 1000 tip 3 puddles, ranging in size from 1/4 to 3/4 inch diameter on waxed paper. Let dry.
Make the following 2-layer heart cakes: seven 8 inch, one 12 inch and one 16 inch
Ice all cakes smooth and prepare for stacked and pillar construction.
Pipe tip 10 ball bottom border on all cakes. Attach puddles to sides and tops of cakes with buttercream icing.
At reception, assemble six 8 inch cakes. Position craft block in center of cakes under 18 inch separator plate. Position fountain and fresh flowers and stacked cakes.
Pipe tip 3 ball border around top two plates.
TipsThis cake serves 282. The top tier of a wedding cake is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the top tier.
Always place a separator plate on the
cake before you position any figurine or ornament. This protects both the cake and your keepsake. For extra stability, secure your ornament to the plate with tacky craft tape.
See the current edition of the Wilton Yearbook for Cake Decorating for decorating techniques, cake construction methods, and information about products.