A teenage girl will love jotting her thoughts in this cute journal created with clear stamps from Inkadinkado®. It even includes a ribbon loop for holding a pen.
Designed by Heather Garl for Inkadinkado®
- Inkadinkado® Fancy That Clear Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Small & Medium Clear Stamping Blocks
- ColorBox® Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink
- StazOn® Solvent Ink: Jet Black
- The Paper Company Cardstock, Assorted Baby Girl Value Pack: Pink
- Cosmo Cricket© Girl Friday and Everafter Collections Double Deck 12-inch x12-inch Paper Pad: Blue Floral, Green Floral
- Ribbon: Pink/Brown Grosgrain (3/8-inches x 4-yards)
- Ribbon: Pink Grosgrain with White Edges (3/8-inches x 5-yards)
- Darice® Paper Mache Journal (6-inch)
- All Night Media® Mini Pop Dots
- Heat Tool
- Hole Punches: ¼-inch, 1/8-inch
- Scissors: Straight-edged, Large Scallop-edged
Take ribbon off the journal and remove the inside pages (they should be stapled together).
Cut pink cardstock to cover the front and back of the journal up to the holes and glue it in place.
Cut a 3½-inch x 6-inch rectangle from blue floral paper. Use the large scallop-edged scissors along both long edges. Fold the rectangle in half vertically and punch a ¼-inch hole in the center crease about 1-inch down from the top.
Cut a 30-inch length of pink/brown ribbon and fold it in half. Pull the middle of the ribbon through the hole in the rectangle. Slide a pen through the ribbon loop and adjust the size to allow the pen to slide in and out easily. Glue the ribbon to the inside of the rectangle.
Wrap the rectangle (and ribbon) around the journal. Mark the location of the journal holes on the front and back of the rectangle. Punch out the holes with the 1/8-inch hole punch, then glue the rectangle in place. Also glue the ribbon to the front and back of the journal. Do not trim the excess ribbon; the excess will be used to tie the journal closed.
Slide the journal pages back into the journal. Thread a piece of pink/white ribbon through the holes and tie the ends in a bow on the front.
Cut a small strip of blue floral paper and trim the top edge with the large scallop-edged scissors. Glue the strip in the lower right corner of the journal. Cut an even smaller strip from blue floral paper and trim the left end to give it a rounded shape. Glue it in the top left corner of the journal.
Stamp the small flower on the top strip using jet black ink. Stamp the small flower/flourish near the bottom of the binding strip using jet black ink.
Stamp “thoughts” and the butterfly/flourish on the journal using jet black ink. Stamp just the butterfly on green floral paper using jet black ink and cut the image to shape. Add it on top of the butterfly on the journal, using a small dab of glue in the center and mini pop dots under each wing.
Ink the edges of the journal (excluding the binding) with chestnut roan ink. Tie the pink/brown ribbon in a bow.
Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.
Heat set the inks to prevent smearing and fading.