Tim Holtz Alcohol Monoprint Dream Cards
These cards truly are dreamy with lots of added elements for beauty and interest.
Designed by Tim Holtz
- Ranger® Inkssentials™ Non-Stick Craft Sheet™
- Ranger Adirondack® Alcohol Inks, Nature Walk
- Ranger Adirondack® Blending Solution
- Ranger Adirondack® Metallic Mixative, Pearl
- Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink Pad
- Ranger Glossy Accents™
- White Glossy Cardstock
- Advantus Tim Holtz® Idea-ology™ Muse Tokens
- Advantus Tim Holtz® Idea-ology™ Trinket Pins
- Advantus Tim Holtz® idea-ology™ Swivel Clasps
- Me and My Big Ideas® Fashion District Paper Pad
- Inkadinkado® Clear Stamp Sets: Flourishes, Birds Galore, Scrapbook Phrases
- Black Cardstock
- Ribbons in coordinating colors
Cut an 8½-inch x 11-inch sheet of white glossy cardstock into 4 pieces, 4-inches x 5¼-inches.
Working on Non-Stick Craft Sheet™, shake pearl metallic mixative and apply a small squiggle to the center of the sheet.
Apply squiggles of Stream and Butterscotch alcohol inks over the mixative on the Non-Stick Craft Sheet™.
Shake several drops of blending solution over inks. Basically at this point everything is on the sheet mixing and running together -- that’s perfect!
Place a piece of glossy cardstock face down over ink, twist, and slide off of Non-Stick Craft Sheet™.
Using the remaining ink, place the glossy cardstock face down on the craft sheet repeatedly. Layer the inks to create a metallic watercolor effect until desired look is achieved. Let dry.
Stamp images with jet black archival ink. Let dry.
Cut an 8½-inch x 11-inch sheet of black cardstock into 2 pieces, 8½-inches x 5½-inches. Fold in half to create a card measuring 4¼-inches x 5½-inches.
Adhere stamped background to black cardstock with Glossy Accents™.
Cut a piece of coordinating patterned paper to 4-inches x 5¼-inches and adhere to inside of card. Tie ribbon around front half of card.
Attach jump ring of Swivel Clasps to Trinket Pin and pin to ribbon. Attach Muse Token to bottom jump ring of Swivel Clasp. Attach Swivel Clasp to ribbon by squeezing the base of the clasp and swivel open, secure around ribbon and click closed.
Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.