Travel Map Shadow Box
- Studio Décor™ Shadow Box, 11"x14"
- Recollections™ Paper Journal Notes
- Recollections™ Adhesive Glitter Shapes – Travel
- Loops & Threads® Craft Thread – Red
- Loops & Threads™ Ball Pins – Colored
- Extra Fine Point Sharpie® Marker – Black
- Recollections™ Tape Runner, Permanent
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Craft Paint – Beetle Black
- Recollections™ Adhesive Tape, Permanent
- Wire Cutter
- Craft Glue – White (Optional)
Remove the backing of the shadow box and and paint the inside of the shadow box using Beetle Black paint. Let dry.
Cut a portion of a map or a photocopy of one to use as the background. Use the supplied pins from the shadow box and pin the map onto the backing.
Cut the ball pins down to about ¼".
Mark the desired destinations with cut ball pins.
Write memories or cities visited on the journal notes and adhere where appropriate using the tape runner.
Tie red craft thread around the base of the ball pins and gently pull all the strands to the bottom left corner or wherever is appropriate to denote where the travel began. Adhere to the underside of the backing using the tape runner.
Adhere the glitter shapes where desired.
Note: If the pins fall out, you can dip the ends of the pins into a bit of white glue and reinsert them into the holes. Let dry before assembling the backing into the frame.
Cut ½" strips of the map and adhere around the outer edge of the frame using permanent adhesive tape.