Treats Apothecary Candy Jar
Halloween Candy looks festive in these painted Apothecary Jars! Using Martha Stewart Multi-Surface Craft Paint™ and Stencils, these glass jars are quick, easy and fun to create for your next Halloween party!
Designed by Julie Lewis, courtesy of the Plaid Creative Team.
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Mulit-Surface Craft Paint - Satin, Mace
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Multi-Surface Craft Paint - Satin, Summer Linen
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Multi-Surface Craft Paint - Satin, Beatle Black
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Adhesive Stencils - Typewriter
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Foam Pouncers
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Patterning Tape
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Stencil Tape
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Fine-Tip Tops
- Ashland™ 14" Apothecary Jar
- Ruler/Measuring Tape
- Tracing Paper
- Water Container
- Foam Plates
- Paper Towels
- Rubbing Alcohol
Wash jar thoroughly before painting and wipe down with rubbing alcohol.
Measure and tape off a 2in x 4in rectangle on neck of jar as shown and apply Mace with pouncer. Remove tape.
Using patterning tape, create stripes 5/8in apart around lower ball of jar. Tape off top and bottom edge. Also, tape off bottom half of lid. Apply Summer Linen. Remove tape.
Use the 1½in pouncer to create a Summer Linen dot in center of rectangle.
Create a template for spacing by tracing letters onto tracing paper. Tape over rectangle on one side. Slide letter stencils underneath for placement and apply Beetle Black.
Pounce border stencil around rectangle and rim of jar opening with Beetle Black.
Turn jar over and apply Beetle Black to base.
Tape off ball on lid and apply Beetle Black.
Create dots using a fine-tip top.