Tree Gift Bags
Make a plain gift bag festive with these fun tree designs! Courtesy of DecoArt®.
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paints - Cadmium Yellow, Burnt Sienna, Slate Grey, Russet, Neutral Grey, Hauser Medium Green, Santa Red, Milk Chocolate, Tomato Red, Marigold, Titanium White, Pistachio Mint, Foliage Green and Green Tea
- Celebrate It™ Gift Bag, 8"x10" – White
- Canvas Pad
- Celebrate It™ Craft Bag, Medium
- Paintbrushes – #4 Flat, #8 Flat, 10/0 Liner and #2 Round
- Wood Stars, Small (5)
- Tracing Paper
- Paper Towels
- Water Basin
- Palette (or Plastic Plate)
- Graphite - Black
- Celebrate It® Satin Ribbon, 3/8" (3") – Red
- Sequins (24) – Red
- Celebrate It® Ribbon, ½" – Green
- Celebrate It® Ribbon, 3/8" – Red
- Fast Drying Glue – White
- Double-side Adhesive Tape
- Permanent Ink Pen, Fine Point – Black
- Patterns (download button below)
Whimsical Tree Gift Bag
Cut piece of canvas 6"x8" or adjust size to fit surface.
Trace pattern and transfer outlines (only) of tree and pot onto canvas.
Using #8 flat brush, paint as follows: tree, Pistachio Mint; pot, Tomato Red; and small wood stars, Marigold.
Trace pattern detail onto tree, tag, and base.
Paint as follows with #2 round brush: large circles, Russet; medium circles, Hauser Medium Green; small circles and bird, Tomato Red; mini circles and bird beak, Marigold; and tree trunk, Milk Chocolate.
Using #8 flat brush, shade outer edges of pot with Russet.
Using fine tip black pen, outline all images and add detail to bird.
Adhere canvas to front of bag using double-sided adhesive tape. Adhere red and green ribbon in place with double-sided adhesive tape; refer to photo for placement. Glue stars at each corner. Tie tag onto bag.
Peppermint Tree Gift Bag
Using #8 flat brush, paint larger areas of tree Green Tea. Use liner brush to do curls in Green Tea.
Use #8 flat brush and Foliage Green to shade tree sections. Highlight with white.
Using #4 flat brush, paint tree trunk Burnt Sienna; highlight white on right side.
Using #4 flat brush, paint three sections on each peppermint white and remaining sections Slate Grey. Paint over Slate Grey sections with Santa Red.
Using liner, add white lines in center of red sections and Santa Red lines on each side of red sections.
Use #8 flat brush and Neutral Grey to shade white candy sections and Burnt Sienna to shade red sections. Highlight candies with white.
Using #4 flat brush, paint stars Cadmium Yellow.
Using liner, add white lines to right edges of stars.
Tie ribbon bow and glue to top edge of bottom peppermint disc.
Using stylus, add Santa Red dots to tree sections. Glue red sequins over each red dot.