DecoArt® Triangle Tree Ornaments
These clever Christmas trees are so easy and fast to make! This is a project the kids will love making too and is great family fun!
Designed by Julie Gayle courtesy of the DecoArt® Design Team.
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paint – Light Cinnamon, Santa Red , Mistletoe, Holly Green and French Vanilla
- DecoArt® Craft Twinkles® Glitter Paint – Christmas Green, Lime Green and Gold
- DecoArt® Dazzling Metallics® – Splendid Gold
- DecoArt® Snow-Tex™
- Woodsies™ Shapes – Small Triangles (2), Medium Triangles (2), Large Triangles (4), XL Triangles (2), XXL Triangles (2), Medium Squares (4), Skinny Sticks (2), Small Stars (2) and Medium Stars (2)
- Paintbrush – ½" Flat Brush
- Emery Board
- Water Container
- Wax Paper
- Paper Towel
Refer to photo, then paint the wood pieces in paint colors shown. Re-paint the triangles with the complementary color of Craft Twinkles®. Paint the stars with Splendid Gold Dazzling Metallic®.
Note: Both the large and small trees are assembled in the same manner. Referring to photograph, glue the wood pieces together.
Glue a star to the top of one of the sticks, then starting with the smallest triangle, glue a small, medium and large rectangle onto the front of the stick as shown in the photo.
Glue the same size of triangle to the back of the stick, directly behind the triangle glued to the front. Offset the triangles as shown in the photo.
Glue a square at the base of the stick.
Turn the stick over, then glue a star and a square behind the same shape on the front of the stick.