Triple Mum in Red, White, & Blue
- To Make 20 Points - 40 Blue, 20 Red, and 20 White:
- Ribbon, 1½-inch, Blue, 8 yards, Cut into 4-inch pieces
- Ribbon, 1-inch, White, 4 yards, Cut into 4-inch pieces Ribbon, ½-inch, Red, 4 yards, Cut into 4-inch pieces
- Backing for triple mums, 3
- Mum, 6 ½-inch x 15-layer, Silver, 1
- Mum, 6 ½-inch x 15-layer, Red, 1
- Mum, 6 ½-inch x 15-layer, White, 1
- Mum, 6 ½-inch x 15-layer, Blue, 1
- Ribbon (mum hanger), 1-inch, White, 6-inch piece, 1
- For Basic Double Backing Streamers:
- Ribbon, 1½-inch, Blue, 20 yards, Cut into 2-yard pieces
- Ribbon, 1-inch, White, 20 yards, Cut into 2-yard pieces Ribbon½-inch, Red, 20 yards, Cut into 2-yard pieces
- Streamers and Garlands - 1 yard each piece:
- Tinsel Foil Drape, Silver, 1
- Garlands, Assorted Silver, 4-6
- Streamers Assorted Red, White, and Blue - printed, textured, different widths, Approximately 8
- Streamers, Clear - printed in either Silver, Red, White, or Blue, Approximately 6
- Plastic Trinkets or Embellishments:
- Plush White Bear Head, 3-inch, 1
- White Fun Foam
- Arched Homecoming’ Charm, Silver/White, 1
- Megaphone Charm, Silver, 1
- Football Helmet, 2-inch, Silver 1
- Wishbone Charm, 3-inch, Silver, 1
- Glittered Star Spray, Silver, 1
- Good Luck’ Horseshoe Charm, 3-inch, Silver, 1
- Flat Football Player Charm, Red/White, 1
- Star Charm, 2-inch, Red, 1
- Large Cowbell, Red, 1
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Sticks
Make about 20 Double Points: 40 Blue, 20 Red, and 20 White:
Layer blue 1½-inch ribbon pieces with 1-inch white ribbon pieces, and ½-inch red pieces down the center of each. Staple each point twice to secure, and staple to cardboard triple backing, spacing evenly around the backer. Staple the remaining 20 blue points between each red, white, and blue point and secure on to backer.
Prepare flowers and attach to the backing piece with the points. Place the silver mum in the center and the other three mums surrounding it.
Make another backing piece with basic triple backing streamers in red, white, and blue. Take 1 piece of each color of the 2-yard ribbons, lay one on top of the other and fold in half so that the right side of the ribbon still shows on both sides (the top will make a point). Then staple the point onto another cardboard triple backing in 2 rows of 4 double streamers, overlapping slightly.
Add the following with staples or hot glue:
Silver Tinsel Foil Drape
Assorted Silver Garlands
Assorted Red, White, and Blue Streamers
Hot glue on top of flower as shown:
Plush Bear Head
Arched Homecoming’ Charm
Glittered Star Spay
Hot glue the following embellishments as shown:
Good Luck’ Horseshoe Charm
Flat Football Player Charm
To Make Bear's Hat:
Cut white fun foam into a 3-inch x 6-inch rectangle. Hot glue ends together to create a cylinder shape.
Use one of the ends of the cylinder to trace a circle. Cut it out and hot glue it on one end of the cylinder. Cut out a second circle that is double in size and hot glue it to the other end.
Embellish the hat by cutting red and blue ribbon scraps into strips and glue them on to the hat. Finish by using the hot glue gun to attach the hat onto the bear’s head.
Make a white hanger loop with a 6-inch piece of 1-inch green ribbon. Staple it well to the top of the backing circle with the streamers.
Use the hot glue gun to attach the backing with the streamers to the backing with the flower/points. Hot glue the 3rd triple backer to the back of that to finish.