Tunnel for a Time Machine
- Crayola® Sidewalk Chalk Bucket
- Fine Motor
- Draw a long, wide chalk line on a safe place such as a sidewalk or driveway. Add a line next to it to make the tunnel.
- In another chalk color, mark one place in the tunnel for today's date. To its far left, mark a time period you could go back to, such as July 4, 1776; the day you were born; or when you moved into the neighborhood. To the right of today, add a date in the future, such as when you start college or get married.
- Fill in important events that happened, or that you imagine might happen, along the tunnel. Mark as many stops in time as you can!
- Challenge friends to travel through time with you. Step into the tunnel to start at today. For each turn, friends take turns calling out how many hops, giant steps, baby steps, or other moves the player can make—in either direction. When players reach an event, they tell and draw something about it. Making up silly stories is great fun!
- As play continues, players add something unique at each stop in the tunnel of time. What can you discover about each other's memories and dreams while you are travelers in time?