Sugar Skull Sombrero
- Creatology™ Paper Maché Mask - Skull Face
- Straw Sombrero
- Simplicity® Lace, Wide
- Ashland™ Flowers - Assorted Bright Colors of Choice
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Acrylic Paints - Turquoise, Brown and Ivory
- Creatology™ Felt Square - Brown
- Recollections™ Paper Flowers
- Bead Landing™ Beads - Color of Choice
- Tea Bags
- Low Heat Glue Gun
Step 1 Place lace in hot water with tea bags to stain. Note: The longer the lace soaks in the in water, the darker color the lace with become. Add more tea bags if desired. Let dry.
Step 2 Paint skull ivory. Let dry.
Step 3 Water down a little brown paint and wash over the skull. Let dry.
Step 4 Use paintbrush and brown paint to embellish skull.
Step 5 Use turquoise paint to paint flowers.
Step 6 Glue brown felt over top of sombrero and glue skull in place.
Step 7 Glue flowers to eyes and bead in center.
Step 8 Remove stems from flowers and glue all around the brim of sombrero.
Step 9 Glue dried lace around skull, tie bow with remaining lace and glue to top back of head.