Turquoise Bib Necklace
- 38 3mm blue dyed howlite rounds (A)
- 6 6mm rec. turquoise rounds (B)
- 4 8mm rec. turquoise rounds (C)
- 4 10mm rec. turquoise rounds (D)
- 12 corrugated metal spacers (E)
- 2 blue dyed howlite ovals (F)
- 9 30-45mm turquoise dyed howlite nuggets (G)
- 1 silver smooth toggle clasp
- 2 #2 Beadalon silver crimp tubes
- 22" Beadalon 49-strand .018" flexible beading wire
- 3/4" Beadalon silver French wire
- 2 Beadalon silver corrugated crimp covers
- Wire cutters
- Crimping pliers
Cut the French wire into 2 3/8" pieces.
Lay out the G beads you plan to use so that they are organized with the largest bead in the center with 4 beads of decreasing size on either side.
String 1 crimp tube and one piece of French wire onto the beading wire. Passthe wire through the loop of the bar portion of the clasp and back through the crimp tube. Crimp the tube and trim excess wire. Place a corrugated crimp cover over the crimp tube and use the crimping pliers to close it.
String 1A and 1B. Repeat 2 more times.
String 1A and 1C. Repeat 1 more time.
String 1A and 1D. Repeat 1 more time.
String 1A, 1E, 1A, 1F, 1A, 1E and 1A. 8. Then, stringing in the order in which you laid them out so that the largest bead is in the center of the necklace, string 1G, 1A, 1E, 1A. Repeat 8 more times.
String 1F, 1A, 1E and 1A. 10. String 1D and 1A. Repeat 1 more time.
String 1C and 1A. Repeat 1 more time.
String 1B and 1A. Repeat 2 more times.
String 1 crimp tube, 1 piece of French wire and the opposite part of the clasp. Pass the beading wire back through the crimp tube. Crimp and trim excess wire. Place a corrugated crimp cover over the crimp tube and use the crimping pliers to close it.