Turquoise Ranch Necklace
- Rounds, 4mm – Turquoise (12), Green Aventurine (10) and Orange Dyed Quartzite (23)
- Round Slider, 25mm – Turquoise/Silver-plated
- Round Leather Cord, 2mm – Brown (90")
- Ornate 2-Loop Bezel Round Frame, 37x56mm – Silver-plated
- Ornate Bezel Oval Frames, 20x29mm – Silver-plated (2)
- Textured Cones, 12x10mm – Silver-plated (2)
- Toggle Clasp, 12mm – Silver-plated
- Jump Rings, 4mm – Silver-plated (9)
- Jump Ring, 8mm – Silver-plated
- Craft Wire, 20 ga. – Silver-plated (8")
- Jeweler's Glue
- Braided Beading Thread (or Fishing Line) (6")
- Clipboard (or Macramé Board)
- Chain Nose Pliers (or Flat Nose Pliers (2)
- Round Nose Pliers
Cover the inside of one oval frame with jeweler's glue. Arrange eight green rounds around the edge of the frame and two turquoise rounds in the center. If desired, arrange the stones so that the bead holes are not showing. Cover the inside of one oval frame with jeweler's glue. Arrange eight turquoise rounds around the edge of the frame and two green rounds in the center. Let dry.
Use the braided beading thread to string the 23 orange rounds and form a square knot. Cover the inside of the round frame with jeweler's glue. Place the turquoise-and-silver slider in the center. Place the circle of orange rounds around the slider. Press firmly. Let dry.
Cut three 30" pieces of leather cord. Attach the end of the leather to a clipboard or macramé board. Braid the entire length of cord.
Use 4" of silver-plated craft wire to wrap the ends of the cord, leaving a 2" tail of wire. Use the tail wire to string one cone and one turquoise round; form a wrapped loop. Remove the other end of the cord from the board and repeat the entire step.
Use one 4mm jump ring to attach one wrapped loop to one 4mm jump ring. Attach the previous jump ring to the bar half of the clasp. Use one 4mm jump ring to attach the other wrapped loop to the ring half of the clasp.
Attach one 4mm jump ring to one oval bezel. Repeat with other bezel. Use the 10mm jump ring to attach the round bezel to the center of the braided cord. Use two 4mm jump rings to attach the round bezel to one oval bezel. Use one 4mm jump ring to attach the bezel to another 4mm jump ring. Attach the previous 4mm jump ring to the jump ring on the remaining bezel.
Jeweler's glue works best on rough surfaces like the ones inside these bezels. If your bezels are smooth inside, you may want to roughen up the surface with sandpaper to help the glue grip to the surface.